CandyPop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sam Bailey Death of an X Factor star

+7
The Female Boss
sk8tr
rainbowangel
Admin
firefly
Rachel K
halo
11 posters

Go down

Sam Bailey Death of an X Factor star Empty Sam Bailey Death of an X Factor star

Post by halo Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:04 pm

So, it appears Cowell has chewed up and spat Sam out even though both her single and album went to number 1. This is exactly why people dont take the X factor seriously anymore - the runner ups like One Direction always do better. Poor sam, she's been chasing her singing career for 20 Years and cowell drops her. I don't understand why he treats his winners this way. The same will happen to Ben Haenow.

halo

Back to top Go down

Sam Bailey Death of an X Factor star Empty Re: Sam Bailey Death of an X Factor star

Post by Rachel K Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:09 pm

Is anybody actually surprised? Simon never wanted her to win x factor imo he knew she didnt have anything special about her other than her voice. Simon wants artists who can both look good and sing good and who will make him tons of money after the x factor novelty has worn off. It didnt help that sam got pregnant so soon after winning, i can actually picture simons expression when he found out.
Rachel K
Rachel K

Back to top Go down

Sam Bailey Death of an X Factor star Empty Re: Sam Bailey Death of an X Factor star

Post by firefly Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:13 pm

I feel sorry for sam but surely she knew what cowell is like. He uses people and chucks them to one side when he is finished. He got lucky with 1D and they made him loads of money so they got kept on. I think ella henderson will get dropped soon and ben haenow.
firefly
firefly

Back to top Go down

Post by firefly Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:17 pm

I think sam would of got dropped even if she had never fell pregnant. Simon was forced to sign her because of the public vote, he never actually wanted her on his label. This is why the x factor winner is only offered a 12 month contract. Simon knows once this is up and the hype of the x factor winner has died which is usually not much longer after the show has finished, he will have to invest his own money not rely on the exposure of x factor to promote his act's singles. This is why many don't do well after winning the x factor. Simon got really lucky with one direction, they were nothing really special just average singers but went on to wow everybody - i bet even cowell fails to understand how they did so well. Reminds me of the spice girls in 1996 - five average looking, average singers but went on to achieve world domination. Nobody really knows why this happens its just pure chance.
firefly
firefly

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:18 pm

Oh well, there's always celebrity big brother.

Admin
Admin

https://candypop.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbowangel Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:21 pm

I wish people applying to x factor would wake up and see exactly what Simon Cowell is like. He would sell his own mother for the right price.

rainbowangel

Back to top Go down

Post by sk8tr Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:26 pm

Cowell has always been a d*ck if a artist loses him money or he has to spend money to promote them like in sam bailey's case he will take the easy route and drop them rather than taking a chance. He'll do the same to Ben haenow in about 12 months time.
sk8tr
sk8tr

Back to top Go down

Post by The Female Boss Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:33 pm

Sam can still have a career if she plays her cards right. She could put her own songs on itunes and make herself money as well especially if her fan base is still there.
The Female Boss
The Female Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by honey Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:28 am

Cowell does this to 99% of his x factor winners. Did Sam really think she would be any different?

honey

Back to top Go down

Post by steve Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:42 am

Does anybody actually care?

steve

Back to top Go down

Post by luckystar Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:24 am

I care because i actually liked sam bailey, she could sing well and seemed down to earth and ordinary like the girl next door. I suppose this was her downfall, as much of a great singer she was Simon just didn't see any star potential in her. Even a number 1 single and record didn't convince him.

luckystar

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylinzee Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:40 pm

Come on, Sam was an x factor winner she was never destined to do well, none of the winners do that well. They have a number one xmas hit then dissapear into oblivion. It's a sad fact that the runner ups are more successful. Simon never expected sam bailey to be a huge star he had no choice but to give her a contract. Thats why the winners get 12 month contract, it's like a get out quick for Simon if they are not liked by the public or by him or if they are a one hit wonder.
Sam could still have a career i think the itunes route is a good route to go down. If she has fans it will work.

lovelylinzee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down